Re: [RC] New Poll up - Heidi Smith

>And if this is what we're going to start comparing ourselves to we are in deep, deep trouble.

Actually, Howard, once again it was YOU that asked for a comparison to other equine sports--so don't gripe when some of us oblige you with the requested information.  And if we do compare ourselves to other equine sports, we come off looking pretty darn good.  Sorry that you don't like that--I, for one, am proud of it.  What is so special about endurance is that we keep looking deeper and trying to solve the problem.  What is sad is that some of you seem to think that those who are proud of the fact that the sport HAS accomplished something, even though we continue to strive, are somehow nasty horse killers because they don't all stand up and sing the Hallelujah Chorus every time you put on your rose-colored glasses and shout "Unacceptable!!"

Bob is right--the only way to have zero casualties is to not ride.

Heidi