Re: [RC] [RC] Got my facts straight? - Nancy Mitts

From what we've seen in our trailer repair business the older WW's were
stouter made then the other trailers in their price range. With heavier rated axles & brakes. Their quality of workmanship, "looks" of welds (not ground & cleaned) and paint jobs, stunk. I'm not sure we've worked on a '95.
I would avoid torsion axles for a bumper pull, you can't control the tongue weight. Also look out for bent axles. Clues for bent axles: Tires should be slightly sloped in at the bottom, maybe 1/8" or so, never out. You can lay a straight edge across the center of the tire horizontal to the ground, the front and back of each tire should touch the straight edge.
Good luck in your trailer search.
Nancy & Monte Mitts

From: Ibiteraaarr@xxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   Got my facts straight?
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:10:20 EST

HEADS UP! I'm sorry to report this email is long. :( I have quite a few
questions to ensure that I am either correct in my facts, or that I'm going in
the right direction to get the correct information.
Some complications with my pregnancy has had me completely sidelined
for the last two months, and now that I'm in my second trimester,
problems/concerns are subsiding and I'm trying to get back into the gradual swing of
things.
That said, here's the scoop on what I need some pointers with. I'm
going this weekend to look at a 1995 WW 3-Horse, slant load bumper pull
trailer. Aside from the basics like floor, wiring, rust, ball hitch, tires, brakes,
etc, is there anything else I should specifically look for or ask about? Keep
in mind I've never owned a horse trailer before or ever had to cart around my
own beasties. Any suggestions would be most welcomed.

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95. https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may vary by service area.)