[RC] Bridge at Coffer Dam - Carol Stiles

Just received this good news from the Bureau of Reclamation about a foot bridge being built near the Coffer Dam.  And again I would urge anyone who uses the Auburn trails to show up the Dec. 6th meeting at the Maidu Gate in Auburn, so we can have some input on where it will go. Thanks, Carol.
"Thank you for your interest and question.  The restoration of the
American River channel and the pump station for Placer County Water
Agency has been a joint project funded by the Bureau of Reclamation, the
State of California, and the Placer County Water Agency.  The American
River Pump Station Project does not have a foot bridge included as part
of that project.
However, there is a project going on concurrently to build a foot
bridge across the channel to keep the trails in tack.  The State of
California Department of Parks and Recreation is heading up that effort.
 They have $1 million in bond money set aside for the project and Placer
County Water Agency is contributing another $500,000.  I have not been
involved, but my understanding is they are in the process of determining
the best alignment for the bridge and the best way to route the trails.
Jim Micheaels (JMICHE@xxxxxxxxxxxx ) is leading the effort at State
Parks out of their office in Folsom.  Jim can sometimes be hard to get a
hold of.  A better contact may be Jill Dampier (damp@xxxxxxxxxx ) who
runs the State Recreation Area at Auburn.  She is very involved and is
good to work with.
I would encourage you to get involved with their process to make sure
any of your concerns are heard.

Thank you,  Rick Johnson"