[RC] breeding - Deblyons54

  Don't forget unspayed females.... I have thought this for years =
but it is an unpopular idea.  I have a georgeous German Shepherd with a =
mile long pedigree of German imports with Shutzhund III degrees but he =
is neutered.  In order to breed dogs you really need to show them and =
have a "real" kennel....my opinion only..........mb

In Germany the SV (German Shepherd Registry), requires that dogs have a conformation rating called a "breed survey" and a working schutzhund title before the dog is eligible to be bred. For those that don't know, Schutzhund is a 3 phase working test that include tracking, obedience and protection. Breeding is strictly regulated including the size of litters, how many times a bitch can be bred, and how many litters a person can produce in a year. I think there are similar requirements in Germany for certain breeds of horses.
Deb