[RC] Coso Junction Jam 1 & 2 - Cunningham, Marci

Once again, Mike and Sue Benson put on a great ride last weekend!  I am so disappointed that more riders didn't attend, as rides such as these embody the true essence of endurance riding.  So what if we had a little bit of rain on Saturday evening, it sure was a lot less rain than last year.  How many other rides have vets that come to your rig during the lunch hold to vet your horse?  As we rode into lunch on Sunday, Doc Beasom told us he would come by our trailers in half an hour to vet our horses.  How about that for service!

The trail was well marked and the volunteers were cheery and helpful as were all the vets.  We managed to finish both days even though Koztarr+ and I were tired and a bit sore.  The long downhill on day one took its toll as I slipped while leading my horse and ended up flat on my behind.  It happened so fast that I wasn't able to break my fall with my hands and I ended up with quite a bruise on my derriere.

My goal for the year was to get Koztarr+ to 3,000 AERC miles and we needed 570 miles to reach this goal.  We ended up finishing 605 miles this year and I am so proud of my horse.  Out of the eleven rides I completed I only had to drive more than 2 1/2 hours to two of them.

Happy Trails,
Marci Cunningham
Bakersfield CA