From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of goearth
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 6:26 PM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: [RC] One of Americas dirty little secrets

"Between 1980 and Sept. 2003, 3,890,142 American Horses have been slaughtered in foreign owned Federally Inspected USDA slaughterhouses located in the USA.  Between 1990-2000 another 500,000 American Horses have been exported to Canada for slaughter."  http://equineprotectionnetwork.com/slaughter/stats.htm   What is found on this site will turn any rose colored glasses to bright crimson.  The fact that Americans allow this to happen for foreign consumption while at the same time refusing to eat, acknowlege and ignore the inhumaneness of the kill sickens me.  tom sites