[RC] Online Hoofcare Conference - OT sort of! - Marlene Moss

For those of you who are interested, the 2nd Farrier & Hoofcare Online conference will be held December 5-7.  It runs in the evenings (7-11pm EST) so that it won’t interfere with most working hours.  I attended last year and I really learned a lot – it is great for the professional and non-professional alike.  For professionals, you will get some cross-training from other fields that may really help your work.  For the non-professional, you will gain a better understanding of how the hoof works and what physical conditions may impact that function – at a minimum you will be able to have a more technical conversation with your farrier and vet!

This year, the speakers will be:  Dr. Barbara Page (known worldwide for her studies of the hoof and I know from personal experience that she is phenomenal when it comes to diagnosing lameness), Gene Ovnicek (he had some amazing pictures last year and handled some very candid questions), Dr. Woodrow Meyers (vet and farrier!), Ken Sandoe (lawyer – will discuss the gray areas in farrier, vet and owner responsibility), Ray Miller (farrier, outfitter, saddlefitter, you name it!), and Danvers Child (many of you have talked to him on horseshoes.com and horseadvice.com).

Here is the link for more info:  http://www.horseshoes.com/onlineconference/index.html

If you sign up, please enter my name (Marlene Moss) as a referrer to help then track how the word is getting around.  This conference is really worth the time and money.  At the end you will get a DVD and video tape for reference, plus all the reference materials that will be on the website.  It is also an interactive conference, so you will be able to ask questions of all these professionals.

Have fun!

Marlene

Marlene Moss

Moss Rock Endurance Adventures