[RC] re: Timex Body Link System - Roger Rittenhouse

 Well, as you asked - I have this working quite well on my horses.
 AND NO I DO NOT place the very high cost transmitter strip on  a belt
 or under the girth..that method just never REALLY ever worked well
 enough for me.

 However for those who want to try it  just attach the transmitter
 in the girth and go ride.. it may fall out or gall the horse or
 just not work  .

 I have a lead adaptation method 'almost' ready. It does not hardwire
 connect to the transmitter strip. I use removable stickon
 electrodes. Why? because if you cut, drill or do a fixed
 attachment to the $$$ transmitter it will void the warranty.

 You can get one on EBAY - for about $220 best price I can find.
 However of course I can get them for much less.. doing vol deals.

 If all goes well with the testing, and my lead wires arrive this
 month... I should be able to take orders.
 I wont put this on the market until I can insure it will work well..
 and reliability.
 There are a few problems.. this transmitter is very sensitive to
 motion induced artifact.. stuck or wrong readings. A LOOSE or
 moving girth will NOT work.. don't even waste  your money.
 The transmitter is a digital FM RF device. Most of the HR computations
 are done in the transmitter and the digi packet   sent to the watch is
 encoded with the HR value for display vs the the analog RF units
 which just send a
 burst of RF noise to the rec watch where the counting is performed.

 It is a bit complex to setup and use. Took a few hours to figure it
 all out.

 The GPS has proven to be quite accurate so far. The HR is dead on
 accurate  and  matched  the current analog RF device  used now.
 ( riding with two transmitter, two  rec watches, the GPS on the arm
 and 4 lead wires on the horse has been
 interesting.)
 The only problem I noted was the time it takes for  the
 transmitter and rec watch to lock on and sync up. If the HR is very
 low i.e. 30bpm it takes longer to get a reading. I have waited up to 2
 minutes to get a reading displayed. I think some of that may be
 related to the connections or noise induced due to the long hair.

 More testing is require, but it can be made to work.

 So now I guess everyone will run out and DIY - have at it..
 My lead adaptation kit will be available when all else fails...

 I have tested it on 4 horses so far, done about 50 miles of trails.

What's it going to cost? best guess as of now  around $275 or less - complete
 with all you need for riding.   Maybe less for the initial
 sales since it will  What's it going to cost? best guess as of now  around
$275 - complete
 with all you need for riding.   Maybe less for the initial
 sales since it will be sort of   R and D.

 More later and a detailed post on my web site is in the works.

 Roger Rittenhouse
 V-MAX
 EPT     www.vmaxept.com
 (pictures will be on the web site by Monday late)

From: "Michelle Fink" <michrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   re: Timex Body Link System

Hi-

I bought one of the Timex Bodylinks cheap on ebay hoping it would work for
distance, speed, and heart rate.  Unfortunately, the Timex Bodylink does not
work with the current HRM electrode packs that are available, and Timex does
not put out a HRM pack with electrodes (just that chest band thing for
people).

Hopefully Roger will come up with a Timex compatible electrode pack one of
these days...  It would be handy to have all the info on one watch face.

Happy Trails,

--
Roger                          mailto:roger@xxxxxxxxxxx