Re: [RC] who are we to" align" with? - Barbara McCrary

Yes, my husband entered it once.  He rode the horse part.  That's the even when he was off his horse, running down a hill and someone's stallion ran right over him and knocked him flat on the ground.  So much for the theory that a horse really would try hard NOT to run over a person.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] who are we to" align" with?

My first ever "distance" competion was the Almaden Triathalon (maybe1983 or 84). IT was held at Calero Park in Almaden valley, and I only remember it was put on by Dan Barger. It had a25 mile bike race,  25 mile horse, and 8 mile very hilly run. i was dared to do it by a friend, and did the horse portion of the team on my Appy X mare, who was probably in her early 20;s. I did a lot of conditioning on her,and had a blast! Anyone else remember this?
Karen