Re: [RC] [RC] [Guest] Mustangs - Deanna German

Jeanne Pepper wrote:
I don't know what the solution is to control the population of the feral herds
but I certainly don't condone shooting them as an alternative to adoption.Just
my 2cents..

There are some of us who think a clean bullet shot through the head is far
more humane than the apathy of no action at all and the armchair ease of a
so-called solution like adoption.

Better a quick end to cull and reduce the over-population than the terror of
the adoption process. And what of the horses that don't make it? They die
having lived the last of their lives in fright. What of the ones that end up
in the wrong hands? Better a quick and humane end to a happy life than a
miserable life at the hands of the wrong owner. What if not enough are
rounded up and adopted? Then they die a slow painful death from disease and
starvation.

Sorry if this seems harsh folks. I've volunteered for humane societies off
and on through the years and have seen up-close the problems we have with
animal over-population in the U.S. The world is a better place because we
have people who can make the tough decisions instead of just wishing the
problems away through pretty, rainbow solutions. And there are way too many
good animals in the world to waste time with the ones that lack potential.

I just don't understand why we romanticize feral horses. We don't
romanticize feral dogs and cats. (Thank God horses don't breed in litters!)

Deanna