[RC] Kickers - Was Tootsies anniversary - Carolyn Burgess

I didn't want to reply to this, but I have to.  I am very sorry that the horse was kicked and his leg was broken, but as terrible as this is, you should be the owner and rider of a kicker, and all of the stuff that goes with this.  I had a horse that was a kicker.  She would kick geldings, stallions and dogs that got in behind her and she would do it so well, that sometimes I didn't know she had kicked.  But she wouldn't always kick. Actually, she didn't really kick alot  Only when the mood struck. But when she did it, it was awful. So we always wore a red ribbon to rides.

It was a big red scrunchie with long red ribbons attached to it.  It was so big, people would ride right up on my horses ass and ask me what that was, it was so pretty.  I would tell them what it was and why she had it on, and they wouldn't feel compelled to get away.

My friends knew she kicked too.  One person I rode with alot knew that she kicked.  She'd ride on my ass anyway and would yell at me when my horse would kick out at her horse.  I tried everything I could to retrain her not to kick and I rode with a crop and would place it on her behind when she tried to kick and it would stop her from kicking.  But she was 22 y.o. when I got her and it was hard to train her not to kick.

But the biggest part of this is that you won't get kicked if you stay back from any horse.  10 feet is enough room to keep you from getting kicked, and you should assume that any horse, red ribbon or not, is capable of kicking. So why won't people do that, especially when you have that red ribbon on your horses tail?

Carolyn Burgess

Carolyn Burgess
Email:
carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx