[RC] BLM adoptions at rides. - oddfarm

I am NOT bashing BLM.

The people at AERC rides don't need horses. It will be the general public that will come in and get a cheap horses. I agree 100% with Karen. I have been to a few BLM adoptions and I know the people mean well, but I know the end of the story before they ever take the horse off the property. IF they can even get them off the property.

I also talked to people who did adopt, and BLM never followed up with any one of them. Never checked the housing, the fencing. And this is required before you take the animal home. Maybe things have changed, but not for the better, I am sure. Still, too many horses, not enough resources.

I think having a rep from the BLM come to rides and educate people about current events  in the BLM would be a better idea. And then to get feedback from horse people might give them better suggestions on how to NOT have so many damn horses to begin with. Hmmm, there's an idea.

Lisa Salas, The Oddf aRm