[RC] Just read something kinda cool - Kathie Ford

Hi, just read an article from a last years issue of EN.  (was cleaning my room).

Anyway, it was an article about someone who rode a ride in Australia and had some interesting comparisons as far as what they do regarding rules, moving up etc.

One point of interest that got my attention, was the fact that for their LD rides they have a "pacer" in front of the riders.  Anyone who passes that pacer (or a few other mistakes) would get disqualified.  Sounds like a great way to properly learn how to pace a ride in a relaxed nice way.

I thought that was kinda interesting.  Would that be something to incorporate into an LD ride?  I know at a Hunt you cannot pass or ride with the leader (in red coat-can't remember the name for it-sorry had a brain fart! lol)  unless invited to do so.

Would that work?  Just curious..and wondering what anybody else thinks about this.

If anyone is interested in rereading the article I believe it was the November 2002 issue.

kathie