[RC] [Guest] Cheaper, Better Heart Rate Monitor: Reebok PersonalFitness Trainer - Ridecamp Moderator

Hightime jjperk1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We have Polar heart rate monitors but the sender unit is completely cross compatible with Cardisport and Reebok. We have tested this in all combinations. The sealed Polar Monitor is between $40 and $70 for the sender alone.

The best display that has all the functions of the expensive Polar is the Reebok Personal Trainer. It has scan function with average, max, and min heart rate with a running average. It also has a 99 split stop watch with average heart rate for each interval. It has a night lite and a graphical Time in Zone display.

The sender unit can be readily adapted to the girth and is about the same size as the Polar unit that attached to the aluminum handle for reading heart rate externally.

The price for the Reebok Personal Fitness trainer is $89 and the monitor alone is well worth the price.

We have tested Polar through the A5 and Cardiosport but my personal favorite is the Reebok Fitness Trainer. At $89 for a new unit, it is an exceptional buy. I really like the 99 split average heart rate/stop watch function as a racing and training aid since I hit the split button about every 30 minutes. I can see the running average and this is what I use to pace my race.

To figure out all the variety of heart rate functions, I wore the monitor around the house for a day or two to practice buttion pushing.