Re: [RC] What is Endurance? - Merryben

In a message dated 11/2/2003 2:04:49 PM Central Standard Time, Lyoness@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

.  Let me translate them for you:  Obviously when one of the most legendary riders of our time, and more importantly, one of the most inspirational ladies of our sport, rides LD, that does not change the fact that she is an endurance rider.  Don't you see the fallacy of saying that someone like Julie is not a REAL endurance rider and should not be able to count that ride in her lifetime miles, just because on a particular day, she might chose to do 35 instead of 50 or 100 miles.  My next statement was an invitation to those who actually entertained such notions to please say them out loud---because their credibility would be so completely destroyed by such statements made against someone of Julie's stature that I would not have to respond at all.  I really did not think ANYONE would take that invitation.

I don't want to argue the points here but perhaps you should check with Julie before you attribute ideas and attitudes to her.  When she does LD she will no longer consider herself an endurance rider but an ex endurance rider... She is also adamantly opposed to combining LD miles with "endurance" miles.  Obviously, you have never talked to her or read her previous posts on this subject....And yes, I do talk to her and she has said this to me on more than one occasion when I have suggested combining miles.......mb