[RC] cross-post with permission: CA fires, evacuation, phone numbers - A. Perez

Equine Protection Network
October 29,2003

Permission to Cross Post

Please do not respond to the EPN, contact the people listed in
the
pleas via phone or e-mail listed after the List of Resources.

List of RESOURCES:

County Fire Information: (909) 355-8800

City of Claremont general information: (909) 399-5411

City of Fontana general information: (909) 350-7700

City of Rancho Cucamonga general information: (909) 477-2700

San Bernardino National Forest Fire Information Center: (909)
383-
5688

PLEAS FOR HELP EVACUATING HORSES!
Posted on the NetPosse List

Hi All

I am sure that you have all seen the news by now and know that
San
Diego County is being devastated by fire.

I personally have 5 horses out in Bonita, 5 miles from the Otay
Lakes fire. They are safe for the moment, but reports say that
the
fire will be spreading our way tomorrow.

The area where they are boarded has a high horse population
that
will have to be evacuated.

Unfortunately there are more horses than trailers, and we are
in
dire need of help from anyone with a trailer who is able to be
of
assistance.

If any of you know of anyone with a trailer that is near the
Bonita/Proctor Valley/Otay Lakes/El Cajon area who would be
willing
to help please have them call me on:

619 339 9077

or

619 865 9181

They can speak to Molly or Naomi.

*****

My husband and I have a ten horse stock, we live in Norco and
have
already been helping evac horses from Devor and San Bern fires.
will call your numbers today and give you our home and cells.
The
city of Norco has a great team working on moving horses, call
the
City of Norco Animal Control, I don't have the number handy, and
ask
for Rene, she is great!
Good Luck!  and I will call you later.
Paige Kisow

****

Talked to Theresa Powell last night on the phone, she is near
Bakersfield, Ca. 2-3 hrs away from L.A. Her and her friends
want
anyone that needs to evacuate horses to know that they have
trailers
and drivers ready if anyone needs them. They have room for about
200
horses. Theresa is having trouble posting to the list but you
can
email her at raleigh@xxxxxxxxxxx
Please pass this along to anyone you think may need their help

###

Equine Protection Network
www.equineprotectionnetwork.com

Let's End Horse Slaughter Now!
www.HOOFPAC.com

Net Posse
www.netposse.com
Stolen/Missing/Recovered Horses by State

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag