Re: [RC] [RC] Ft. Valley: Let em' race! - john thunder

They may both be the best thing since peanut butter but thats not going to help the newbie walking on the side of the rode whose horse freaks out because this train is bearing down on them is it? As I privately mentioned to Tom today, by a coincidence,on the same day you wrote your e-mail, there are THREE e-mails from other riders who had problems with their horses in various races for no known reason to themselves.(other then maybe a lack of skill?). Let's face it, horses freak easy. Accidents happen easy, NOBODY can ride it with their eyes closed, NOBODY knows every rock and NOBODY is immune to disaster! I'm also very sure that if something happened that was caused (even partailly) by either of these riders or management everyone would feel just awful but the victim would still be the victim! I don't expect anyone to change anything and hopefully I'm totally wrong and nothing will ever happen but they're pushing their luck the way it is! Thats all.

From: "Amy Cieri" <ridesallday@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   Ft. Valley: Let em' race!
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:32:12 -0500

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account has exceeded its 2MB storage limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es
--- Begin Message ---
I'm with Tom on this one. There is a risk in everything John and these particular woman have seen and been through it all. Do you know these women? Jeannie and Danielle are top riders in this sport and this ride was literally in their backyard. They know every rock on this course and could run Hickory Lane with their eyes closed. Ft. Valley is a well run ride and this finish line is, in my opinion, a good one. I've done it myself.
I don't race finishes, or rides for that matter, but man do I love to see the pros go at it. I got chills reading Tom's initial post. Wish I could have seen it first hand. Have at it girls!

Fretting that your Hotmail account may expire because you forgot to sign in enough? Get Hotmail Extra Storage today! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
--- End Message ---