[RC] So. CA fires - Dyane Smith

Good luck to all you people and horses down there.  I hadn't realized, until Beth Glover wrote with details, really where the fire is or has been.  Thank God for a phone tree to help with evacuations.

My girl friend has a 30+ year old horse that she had stabled in Marshall Canyon.  I hope they got out.  This will be their second evacuation in only a few years!  Nuts.  I tried to call, but no answer.  I hope she didn't have to evacuate her house too.

I agree with Lynne.  Liz is way tough, but, all the same, it's a crazy time.  I hope things went well for her.

We went through an evacuation down there in the '90's.  My youngest, Akela, was only a year old, but he walked along the dark street with helocopters flying low, flames 50-100' high on the close mountain, fire trucks blaring.  As only a baby could be, he was interested but basically pretty calm and cooperative.  To be fair, even the older horses were cooperative.  Horses know how to rise to the occasion.

I never remember so many fires all at once.  It's hard to know where to run.

My thoughts are with you guys.

Dyane