[RC] Changing the World of Horses - DVeritas

I wish we could.
I'd spend twenty-three hours a day involved.
You know what I keep thinking about, we (as Joyce said) "can't change people".  So, I thought, 'Ah, but we can change the people who get to play with us, can't we?'
    Then, I thought, 'that will not help their horse.  They'll just go home (not being able to ride endurance with us) and find another way to cripple, maim, blind or kill them'.
    Then, I thought, 'all we can do is change our little piece of the world'.
    Then, I thought, 'how selfish of me and how hypocritical'.
    Then, I thought, 'thanks, Sister Gabriel' (unchanged, unmanaged Catholic-school response/guilt).
    Then, I threw my hands up in the air....(all this happening at four-thirty in the morning) and said, "To heck with it" and made my wife homemade southern buttermilk biscuits.
    It didn't help RC or the AERC or the horses, but it sure was good with homemade raspberry jam and coffee.
    Still chewing on it....the "problem", not the biscuit.
  ---Frank