From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of RDCARRIE@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 10:41 AM
To: Lyoness@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Ruffled Feathers---Good Responses

In a message dated 10/21/2003 10:48:11 PM Central Standard Time, Lyoness@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

There may or may not be real vetting---

Joane, I'm nost sure what you mean by "no real vetting" - whether you're saying that some vets don't give LD horses a full going-over (checking all parameters) or what (not a problem here in CT region).  If that's the case, then I think they are in violation of rules, aren't they?  (sorry, don't have the rules in front of me, but I seem to recall that all horses must receive comeplte vet checks?)  At any rate, if I were a rider in an LD, and a vet didn't give my horse a complete/adequate vet check, I wouldn't budge from that spot till he/she did.  Maybe riders need to start demanding full vet checks, if that is indeed the problem.

Dawn in East Texas