[RC] Ruffled Feathers--Only on Ridecamp - Kathy Copeland

Title: Ruffled Feathers--Only on Ridecamp

Well I would just like to say that out here in the West that LD riders are treated no differently than the 50 milers.  Yes it is true that we don't always have a BC but everything else is equal.  The vetting for us is great and the vets here vet all horses entered in a ride be it LD, 50 or whatever the same.  How would I know this, well because I am a habitual LD rider and when we are done with a ride and our horses are taken care of we are camped at the vet check watching and learning not to mention any other spare and free time we have we will spend it at the vet check cause there is just so much to learn and it is quite an interesting place to be.  The only place we have found that LDer's are truly treated differently is on Ridecamp.  I am usually amazed that anyone one would even go on a ride for the first time after having read some of the ridecamp tangents.  Yes it can and should be a useful place of great educational information but unfortunately it is also a place where people like to stone people to death with little to no information on what really went down. Yep sometimes you feel it is like taking your own life in your hands when you make a post onto Ridecamp.  But then there are wonderful people like Susan Garlinghouse who no matter how stupid you might think your question is will answer it with respect and caring.  So I will continue to read and post on ridecamp and I will enjoy the equal treatment we receive in the West and a big thanks to all who treat us equally.

Kathy
Team Slow Poke,
Kathy, Dede, Tamra, Kristi, Christy and Alicia