Re: [RC] ruffled feathers - Deanna German

Title: Re: [RC]   ruffled feathers
on 10/21/03 5:50 PM, SandyDSA@xxxxxxx at SandyDSA@xxxxxxx wrote:

The problem with this is that the dog is the same dog, and will STILL be the same dog and thus, will - or should - be judged as such.

Ahhhh. This is soooo not true. Animals is animals. Training and physical condition must be maintained.

In a competitive sport where actual performance and ability are key, the horse is not the same horse 6 months or two years later - age, injury, foaling, new rider - many things change the participant.

Annnnnd... these things don't affect other performance animals?

If the horse - or dog - is an excellent representative of its breed, it will be so no matter what.

OH. I get it. You think we're talking about conformation. (Oooooo, ick!!! >eg<) Um, no. We're talking about a performance events. Obedience and agility.

The point is that another species event(s) has neatly handled the issues that arise by experienced people and/or dogs participating/competing at an introductory level.

:-)))))

Deanna