[RC] G.M.Staccato - goearth

I remember him well and he is a Wisdom son but I forget who his dam is.  He's a small horse that has carried a few heavyweights.  Gold Medal Farms was created between friends in 1987 with Larry Lewis from Kansas, Curtis Weinstein of Aries Arabians in Wisconsin who had some really good horses but went bankrupt and I'd go do landscape jobs on the farm and one time took a 32' trailer of plants and came back with 8 horses here to Va., where Curtis' uncle had a farm and we raised a lot of the culls from the show ring where the money was.  At one time I had accumulated 22 and it was a lot to handle and work with the commute to DC.  Larry came east to pick up a few for distribution to his area and he took Staccato and Rashid who was the sire to Lynn Golemans Legacy by Wickery.  Rashid was always a pawer and I still have a small piece of his foot he pawed and I cut off as it wasn't possible to sew it back.  He went to Kansas and pawed and was put down  due to it.  He was Baymars big brother and quite the bulk and size for an Egyptian Arabian, but he pawed, the dumb ass.  When Staccato was getting into the trailer I told Larry this will be the best horse I ever send west and as he tapped me with his foot on my thigh going in the trailer (He could have really kicked me but he didn't),  Larry's uncle Lewey said we don't want to take that horse.  Connie Farmer from Kansas trained him to saddle and said he was the toughest horse she ever broke.  Larry rode him and tho he had finished the Tevis on Fadali he had been snakebit at the OD.  So Larry comes East  with a green small horse to do the OD.  Give Larry credit...he took his time and Staccato finished.  Larry sold him to Johanna and she and a lot of people rode him over the years and perhaps Ami loves him most. He was never raced and I'd be suprised if he ever had a win. There are 3 things I'd like to point out on this.  There are a lot of good horses out there that are going under the radar and all it takes is someone to recognize and nurture them.  A lot of good horses are going to people who have no desire to win that could be stellar athletes under other training/riding programs (Bravado by Triton/Bajdea was one that went cheap and never found his potential).  But last and mostly...when all the dust settles and you see that you don't make the big bucks and probably lost... it is so refreshing to see horses you had a part of do good over a long period of time and people love them and not think of them as chattel.  In fact the first part of my sales contracts is that you Love them.  Ami, I'd really like to ride him once.ts