Re: [RC] Michel Bloch & Monsieur Joseph - RunRoskoRun

In a message dated 10/11/2003 8:11:50 PM Pacific Standard Time, Merryben@xxxxxxx writes:

he so graciously agreed to cross the finish in second place so he wouldn't have to race with Heather.

Why does everyone make it sound like he let Heather win.  He didn't...If she had had to race, she would have.....And yes, he is really nice but he did not give the Tevis win to Heather, she earned it......mb

MB,

Many of us know how very proud you are of Heather, but I don't think this statement was trying to take anything away from her accomplishments.  From what I have read and the way things are stated, it sounds to me as if being 1st wasn't a big deal to Mr. Bloch, just knowing he was right there with the winner was enough.  Therefore, why race for the finish and risk not finishing (for either)?  I'm sure it would have been one heck of a race had it occurred.  : )  She's lucky to have you as such a good friend.

abigail
in No. CA