[RC] AERC NC 100: Insight from Alex/Mommesin - saioak

Alyx just called..  I had missed her earlier call. It was good to talk with her. She has no idea how stressed we get about the rides. When asked about this ride (AERC NC 100 ) as compared to Pan Am, she said the terrain was easier, the cool weather was good for the horses, but there was not enough water throughout this ride. She slowed the pace to help Mommesin conserve energy ...  the goal being to finish the ride.

Obviously she is pleased with her Final Placing in the ride and expressed delight in knowing how excited we are. Alyx said she will email more information/insight about this ride later this evening. Alyx's father Gary will drive Mommesin home on Sunday or Monday once she's recovered sufficiently for the long drive home to Las Cruces, NM. Hopefully all riders and horses are OK "Post-Ride" ...  those of us who ride vicariously from our desks are anxious to know that all is well. Would be great if we had Web-Cams at the Vet Checks.

Bev Scott   Ocala, Fl.