[RC] opinions on best choices for saddles - Thia

Thanks to all who responded to my question about the Abetta saddles. The overall concensus seemed to be so-so for Arabs. So what about Fabtrons and other synthetics. I am trying to fit a short backed Arab with fairly high withers and wide shoulders. All of my other horses in the past have been quarter horses, so trying to find a saddle to fit my Arab has been a real challenge! He's been getting sore spots on his loins...not sure if it was from my saddle or from my trainer's saddle (or both)? None of my saddles seem just right...either too narrow tree, too long skirt, or the overall saddle just doesn't "settle" right on his back.

So, anyway, to make a long story short, any advice on what others have found to be the best choices, especially cost-efficient ones, for Arabs, would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Thanks in advance.

Thia

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com