Re: [RC] [AERC-Members] Applying for grants - Michael Maul

John Teeter wrote:

Thanks.

Aren't there also funds available for educational activities such as support for endurance presentation at regional conferences and equine fairs? How does one apply for those grants?

**** In this case - it would be best to contact the chair of the Education committee or co-chair as it actually is - Stagg Newman. This committee hasn't provided material for a page on the web yet although I believe this was mentioned in EN in the minutes so that members should know of it.

jt.

(p.s. how would you suggest that I should have best found out about the information you copied below? were there some announcements I missed?)

*** The best way is just to use the AERC home page - it's where AERC provides notice of issues, procedures, minutes, etc for members. Checking the Vets menu - then Research Grants would have led a member to the page. And the same for the Trails Grants.

Members should look at all items in the menus from the home page so that they are familiar with what AERC has to offer online. The AERC web page is featured in this months EN in the VP column. The column contains the statement "2002 Member awards, education articles, research grants, how to apply for Trails Grants, "

And while not all of our members are online - a very significant majority are - well over 2/3. Having this type of material available online is even more of an incentive for members to visit the AERC web site.

Mike