Von: ridecamp
-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Vallonelee@xxxxxxx
Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2003 22:16
An: jonnij@xxxxxxxx; Ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [RC] mulberries

I have seen this swelling even without the mulberries.  I have tried to get it identified but it seems to mystify everyone.  Never causes the horses any discomfort and if I put them in a stall, off grass, etc, and eating only hay, it subsides in about 6-8 hours.  One horse would get so swollen that I couldn't fasten the throatlatch on his halter.
It reminded me of a person with mumps.

My horses have relocated from east coast to west coast and I have seen it in both locations (Maryland and Arizona).  Seems to be seasonal with it being worse in the spring.  One vet suggested it may be a mold in the fields that was affecting them.  Also, some horses get it worse then others.

Anyone else see this type of thing.

Lee
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.