[RC] eventers - Kathie Ford

To the person wondering about eventers and slipping.   I have used eventers on a horse that has had special needs for awhile.  I have found them to have actually very good traction, even on pine needles and oak leaves in damp weather.  What really convinced me was sometimes we have to ride down a steep driveway (we have permission) to get from one trail to another section and I'm the only one usually who does not have to get off due to slipping.  Sometimes I get off just because this particular horse had a hard time getting underneather herself.  But all in all I love the eventers and have had good luck with them so far.

I only have one other horse with shoes and she just has fronts; she's a 25 yo qtr horse of my daughters and is lightly ridden.  The eventers work for her too.

My other four are barefoot with good hard feet.  I only shoe now for a ride.

kathie