Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2003 12:58 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Natural balance shoes cost?

In a message dated 10/3/2003 9:22:59 AM Pacific Standard Time, bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Just as a matter of information, it costs me in northern CA $90 a horse for a regular shoeing with St. Croix Eventers (iron shoes).  That's among the least expensive there is.

Wow!!  I'm feeling so spoiled.  I'm inland northern CA (north valley) and I pay $75.00 per horse for shoes and $25.00 for a trim.  $20 extra if I get borium on my MEU horse.  I get a $5.00 discount per horse if I take my boys to his house.  My farrier answers all of my questions patiently and explains what and why he is doing something.  He is also willing to do or try anything I ask.  Best of all, he handles the horses well.  I always tip him, keep my appointments, and he always bails me out in an emergency.    And from what I've read I should be very grateful to have him and continue to keep him very happy.  Can't comment on the NB shoes though.  : )

abigail