Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 6:45 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Ten year horses

I got one coming up on it. He's had some ups and downs. I got him
because I was having withdraws from having to retire my mare ( great
horse just getting into cranking out 100's )  to breed ( the curse of
the "clock" )  and my wife couldn't manage to stay on top of much less
handle her horse. The JBird has had some ups and downs. He had a minor
injury, got over it then got West Nile, got over that only to have
another problem. But he's sound, young (14 is not old ) and we are
looking forward to cranking up to a good year.

Lots of people say their horses love the trail - I always get suspious.
The Jbird does love to go down the trail. The reson is probably he isn't
the brightest bulb in the lot and although he's gone down the same trail
many times, it's all new to him.

He's not a great endurance horse - he might not have a 100 in him. But
he will go out and truck on down the trail at 50 or 60 miles or 75 miles
over and over and be ready to have a little fun racing in ( if it makes
sense and some times even if it only for show ) at  then end. A good
gallop never hurt anyone.

I suspect he's a 15 year horse before it's all said and done.

Does he count?

Truman