[RC] In Response to Howard and Others - was: ideas - Laura Hayes

Howard wrote:  >>This is not what I was hoping for when I was so thrilled to see the Welfare of the Horse Committee established at the Convention.  I thought, with education, coordinated with investigations of any horse deaths at an endurance ride would be a real benefit to all members of AERC.  But, reading that we're gonna start fining folks, start taking away any past accomplishments because their horse didn't come down in 30 minutes or got pulled for other metablic reasons, is ridiculous. <<<

Laura writes:  Whhhoa Tonto.  Make sure everyone understands that what you are talking about are ideas that are being bantied about on ridecamp, NOT by the Welfare committee.  I have really had enough of people suggesting punitive measures in the name of the Welfare of the Horse Committee.  Please read the info provided by John Parke in the August Endurance News, and read the case study and educational piece I wrote for the September issue.  THAT is what the committee is about, not fining people, not writing letters to riders with frequent pulls, not taking away accomplishments. NOWHERE has that been even spoken about by the committee.  Pleeeease, get it under control.

Laura Hayes AERC#2741