Re: [RC] [AERC-Members] ideas - Barbara McCrary

That's certainly the truth!  And I once owned two of them, both purebred Arabs, but totally unsuited for the sport.

Barbara McCrary
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 8:32 AM
Subject: Re: [AERC-Members] ideas

>As someone who rides only non arabs I have to say this hasn't been the case with my horses. I've been at a couple rides where criteria was at 56 and my horses still came down. I've ridden three different non arabs at rides so I don't just think it was a fluke.

I'd add that some of the poorest recoverers I've seen have been specific Arabs, and that failure to recover goes right back to whether the horse is working beyond his capacity--which in turn goes back (provided you have done your homework and have ridden him wisely) to whether or not he is suitable for the sport.  There are Arabs and non-Arabs alike that are NOT suitable for endurance!

Heidi