[RC] mini crash - Mark and Erica Devoti

This is a very timely example amidst all of the discussion regarding "protecting our horses".  Your outcome was good, and I think that had alot to do with how you handled the situation (similar to how Steph Teeter handled her situation on one of the loops at the PAC).  Your post indicated your horse: 1) seemed tired 2)seemed hot 3)wanted to roll (iffy as she likes to roll) 4)was parked out 5)didn't want to eat 6)was stretching.  The big clue is you said it was "weird"--that means your horse was not acting "right" (your intuition).  Though the outcome was fine, I would surmise the whole picture indicated a metabolic problem coming on. In particular in my experience, stretching (unless they are just waking up from sleeping) is most often an indicator of discomfort.  However, you got the vet involved, and walked in the last loop and the situation turned around.  This is important information for the future of your horse, and just because it ended up okay this time, doesn't mean it always will.   I have read your posts previously, and think you are a very vigilant and careful horseperson, and think that had alot to do with the outcome.
Erica DeVoti