Re: [RC] Shame on me...(part one - long) - Susan Young

You didn't make any "shameful" mistake.  As a matter of fact, I didn't really see a mistake you made.  You knew your horse, you backed her off, you got off, you knew this wasn't her day, you were ready to stop.

My Charlie got pulled for metabolics at the June Winding Stairs.  While fluids could have made him "feel" better, he wasn't treated.  I worked on him and loved all over him till he recovered.  That wasn't his day either.  That happens so don't beat yourself up over it.

You didn't ride your beloved horse into the ground and knew things weren't right.  So, GOOD FOR YOU for knowing your horse!

FASTGraphic@xxxxxx wrote:
I guess I now know what it means to "override" your horse. My beloved
Solitaire ended up on IV fluids at BVS this past weekend - even though I
neither "race" nor "compete." I ride just to finish, and finishing with a healthy
horse is truly my idea of what this sport is all about. I'd like to share my
experience in hopes that another newbie might learn from my shameful mistake.

Susan Young Casey, Princess of Pink; secretary, RRRSA
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

Do you Yahoo!?