Re: [RC] looking for recommendations on riding vacation - sharp penny

 One of the best riding vacations I have been on was horse
packing across a part of the Continental Divide up in
Wyoming for 4 days. The horses/mules were well trained but
not deadheads and would move out when asked. They kept the
group small; we had 6 people in ours. The guide was alot of
fun, knowledgable of the wilderness and history of the
area, as well as being a terrific cook to boot. Very
entertaining with all his campfire stories. The scenary was
breathtaking and we saw alot of wildlife. It was the first
time I had seen a moose up close and a small bear off in
the distance. My Dad, a non horsey person, had a great
time. The guide taylored the amount of saddle time to the
riders. One day those that had had enough riding stayed
back in camp and fished while the guide took the rest on a
"mini endurance" ride for a round trip of 50 miles. My mule
was awesome, I wanted to take her home with me..boy could
she gallop!!!
If your interested I'll get the specifics from my Dad as
he had set up the vacation.

Penny
--- "A. Perez" <walkergirl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  One of my biggest obstacles to riding is the fact that
my
husband does not ride, and wants to spend time with me on
the
weekends, which tend to be my only riding time, so I want
get him hooked on horses.  The best way to do this would
be to
take him trail riding somewhere with spectacular scenery,
good
horses and nice guides (who talk something in addition
to "horse"), preferably in the US.  Must be able to
accomodate
a novice rider (him).  Nothing fancy needed, the cheaper
the
better.  I'll get him a few lessons before the trip, so
he
won't be a complete neophyte.  I have had him up on a
horse
before and he has a natural seat and is unafraid.

Any recommendations?