[RC] Can I ride a 100 miler? - sandy . l . holder

Recently an 'old sage' who's "done it all", told me she was "too busy and had no patience to give a novice rider lessons" (I had been taking lessons for the past year from a really great trainer who unfortunately moved back to Texas and was wanting to continue learning to ride better).  Given that I've only been riding for about 5 years and 18 months ago rescued and bought my own horse (and started him in LD's this past year), her discouraging remarks really made me think that I might not be able to realize my dream of some day riding the Tevis (hopefully on my boy).

I just want to say that the encouragement I've been reading recently on ridecamp has really REALLY helped. . . and although I may not be a top level dressage rider (guess that's all she's giving lessons to these days although she advertises otherwise), I'm going to hold on to my dream a little longer, continue bringing my boy along (long slow miles) and hopefully see some of you ENCOURAGING folks out there one of these days. . . .

Thanks folks, sincerely,
Sandy