[RC] How much is enough? - Debra Ager

I'm thinking about doing the Grasslands on March 1, and I would like to know how much is enough conditioning in the meantime.  The horse I would take has 265 miles in 50's and 55's through the past year or so and is 10 years old this year.  All of his 50's have been pretty slow--7.5 to 10.5 hours.  He doesn't seem particularly fresh at the end but neither is he exhausted.  If I ride him 30 to 40 miles in 2 to three rides per week between now and mid to late february, should he be ready to meet the challenge of a slow 100 on the relatively easy course at Grasslands?  Any feedback (nice not flaming) is appreciated.

Debbie