Re: [RC] Jockeys (was Riding Cavalry) - SandyDSA

Kat,
You are right on there. Having ridden numerous racehorses either on layup or on refit, I can tell you right now that it can be a very challenging, thankless job. It is hard work, it leaves your hands looking and feeling more like old Argentine shoe leather; awesome biceps (which doesn't find you boyfriends at 19 years old) and leaves you worn out by 6AM. That said, endurance is not a sport designed to be a "pro" or "spectator" sport. I guess if there are enough people who want that kind of atmosphere, they are free to go start their own group. But for us - and I imagine a lot of people - endurance is a team sport for a person and his or her horse - and a bit of willing crew.