[RC] Now, saddle fit for rider's bottom? - Wrecksduke

As we were walking back from a ride last night.  I decided to take my feet out of the stirrups (as they were tingling/cramping), I let me legs dangle.  I noticed that my thighs were getting quite a workout trying to keep me in a balanced position.  I never noticed this before.  The balanced position seemed to be much different from where the saddle "put" me.

So that got me to wondering if my saddle was level, if the "twist?" of the saddle was right for my bottom, if you should even feel balanced when sitting without legs in the stirrups (seems like you should be).

If I'm working to stay balanced without stirrups, what the heck am I doing to my horse's back when I put my feet in the stirrups and try to ride balanced?

Melody