Re: [RC] Announcement from Horse Welfare Committee - EquesB

In a message dated 9/22/03 9:47:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, rides2far@xxxxxxxx writes:

These people are making
money by having winning horses. I suggest that a metabolic treatment a
vet feels was the result of over riding might have the consequence of
that rider only getting mileage for the rest of that season. It also
would make it darned hard to get on an international squad with one of
your "other" horses.

I do not see this working in regard to the racer/seller participant, Angie.  You know there are several riders in the SE that couldn't care less about International or Team squads. They just need to win a few races to make the horse marketable.  Some of those horses are properly prepared, others we have to hope for strict vetting procedures, for the horses sake.

Jackie Baker