Re: [RC] [Guest] looking for feedback on Desoto saddles - Sue Brown

Hi Kate,
I have two DeSotos and my riding buddy has one as well that is used on
one of my horses.  I will be ordering a 3rd one for myself soon (sending
my deposit in) for a new horse I bought this summer.  I love them.  They
are very well made and put you in a very well balanced position.  You
can get them with western style fenders or wide stirrup straps...I
prefer the straps.  I also prefer the shorter pommel since we have so
many hills here and my too-well endowed midsection hits the taller one
on the steep stuff.  I also get extra gel padding in the seat and a
narrow twist (the standard is just a bit too wide for me.)

Marilyn is good to work with -- I've not had any problems nor have those
I have referred to her.  It takes a while to get the saddle (about 9
months) so if you're interested, get a deposit sent in to get your name
on the list.  I'm sending mine in soon (as soon as I find out if the new
trailer brakes are going to eat up all of my slush fund. <g>)

You can do a ridecamp search on the DeSotos and you should find a fair
amount of info.  Good luck and happy riding.

Sue

**************************

"Live as you will have wished to have lived when you are dying."
- Christian Furchtegott Gellert, German Poet and Writer

**************************
Sue Brown
ARICP Certified Riding Instructor
Recreational Riding and Dressage
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.
suebrown1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Ridecamp Moderator <ridecamp-moderator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   [Guest] looking for feedback on Desoto saddles

Kate Fellows ktfellows@xxxxxxxxxx

 Hello,

 I'm writing this message because I have been having a difficult time
in
buying a saddle that works for both me and my horse. My lastest saddle
is
very uncomfortable for me. Now I'm considering a Desoto custom saddle.
But
I'm finacially and emotionally exhausted and a little afraid of buying
another saddle that doesn't work for us. I ride a walking horse and
though
we don't do endurance competitions we train hard on the trails for fun.
like western styley endurance saddles. Do any of you have any feedback
for
me regarding Desoto saddles? I appreciate all and any responses.  Kate.