[RC] cribbing - Rae Callaway

Any tips to stop a horse from cribbing in the pen?  I've put hot wire along most of the fence, but there's gaps by the gates and the water.  Scout will crib there and at one tree that he's found with a stump on it.  He licks the spot 4-5 times, then digs his front teeth into the wood and sucks air.  Repeats ad nauseum.  I've coated the fences with a chew stop, but it doesn't help.  As soon as it dries, he's back at the fences.  I'd love to leave a muzzle on him, but I'm afraid he'd get it caught on something.

Rae
Tall C Arabians - Central Region