Re: [RC] vet drop bags - Jonni Jewell

From: "Truman Prevatt"

Jeeze, I wonder how John Crandell III won the OD twice riding cavalry,
without the full logistics support that would make the third army proud.<<<

He was not riding 5 days in a row with all the different issues that come up
on Multi day rides???????(that indeed was a question/comment)

I find I also feel I need much less on one day rides. But it seemed I was
seeing potential for different things to start happening, changing etc. as I
rode day after day. One thing was that normally, I do not feel the need for
any kind of splint or interference boots. But I found that the new horse,
while he only interfered a little the first day, he started whacking himself
more on the second day. I had boots in my crew bag to place on him. The
personal items I needed seemed to change from doing a one day ride. I did
start to get some chafed spots. I did have my knee get funky the second day,
and I needed to try to get rid of the pain. I tried wrapping it with the vet
wrap I carried, and that did nothing. I tried my Advil I carried, and it
hurt beyond Advil level 4. (level 4 is taking 4 Advil every 3 hours) I
finally gave in to taking something a little stronger, that did not make me
goofy.  I actually used the Body Glide, Lanacort etc. While many of us can
ride one day in the sun with no issue, I was sure feeling it on my face by
the last day. Glad my friend carried sunscreen, as I forgot any!

I would love to try a "Cavalry" riding at a ride like OD or Tevis. Would
really test a riders skill to take care of the horse and get it through a
ride.

Jonni