[RC] Need wound advice for entering ride this weekend - Typef

Ok, this time it's a real-live endurance question. I did a really, really, stupid thing tonight and somehow missed getting the latch on the gate in the hole in the brand new paddock we built yesterday. I locked it, but yeah, that does a lot of good with the bolt isn't in the slot. My lovely new gelding got out into the main corral and he and my Mustang mare proceeded to try to kick the living daylights out of each other. Unfortunately, there was a metal feeder right in the middle of the foray and my new gelding now has some superficial scraps and one rather ugly looking v-shaped cut above his fetlock that  is about 1.5 inches across and .75 inch down one side. It starts out as a thin slice at the top but as it cuts down towards his fetlock it gets about a .25 inch thick. It's not flapping down or anything and I washed it right away and wrapped it and put ice on it. I called my vet and he said just keep it wrapped this week and asked me to give him some Bute tonight. Wouldn't you know, the Mustang (who just stands around most of the time this year) came out unscathed.

So now the question is, I guess going to Cuneo Creek this weekend is out? Or would it depend on whether he turns up lame. I'm not up on what they'll allow and what they won't as far as nicks and scrapes. Obviously, I'm bummed because I was so stupid and would miss a great ride, but I realize I do have a responsibility to my horse. The only bad part is it would have been my friend's first ride of the year that was going with me. I have until Wednesday to cancel without loosing our entries. I'm thinking of just going anyway and taking my friend so she can ride by herself even if my horse is not allowed.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
:) Jackie (and the very woeful-looking Tank)