Re: [RC] misuse of "Rider Option"? - Annie George

Hey, I thought it was a rule that we had to vet out no matter what?? Annie G.
Anne George Saddlery   www.vtc.net/~ageorge
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] misuse of "Rider Option"?

In a message dated 9/8/2003 7:42:30 AM Pacific Standard Time, RDCARRIE writes:
The rides I've been to in Texas do this...at the ride meeting the RM states that if the rider decides to pull RO, they still have to have their horse looked at by a vet.  I just think that makes good sense...not to "catch" any people who might be trying to hide an impending problem with their horse, but rather to make sure that the welfare of the horse is placed first.  It just makes sense for a vet to take a look at a horse after it comes in off the trail, even if the rider has already decided not to go on, for whatever reason.
My sentiments exactly....!

Peggy