From: Buffy
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2003 5:51 PM
Subject: [RC] Need Saddle HELP!

I've got a 3yr old Quarter Horse with a fair amount of TB in him.  I normally ride him hunt seat.  This wkend we went trail riding and I noticed he had white hairs where the tree of my saddle would sit on his back.  So I borrowed my friends western saddle... I noticed it looked like it was pinching him behind his whithers so I put 2 pads on him and a different western saddle.  When we got back he had a small pressure sore on the side of his whithers.  I guess if I had to describe him, I'd say he was shallow whithered because he has "dips" on either side of his whithers.  Either I need to find a new saddle or saddle pads to protect his whithers and back.  Any suggestions?
Buffy
Spellcaster Miniature Horses
Beware... They'll cast a spell on your heart!

---