[RC] [RC] Bryce Canyon Ride - Buytheline - Karen

>Well, how was it. Couldn't make it this year.

AWESOME!

If I can, I'll get some photos up tonight. Check back later tonight or tomorrow: www.xprides.com (look for a link with a new next to it with photos for Bryce Canyon).

btw, I'm looking for Carl, who was a crewperson at the ride -- if any of you guys know him or he is on ridecamp, can you please contact me. nvrider @ charter.net

In summary. The ride was as beautiful as ever, camp was wonderful. Meals were great. Riders were friendly, fun, and entertaining <g>. There were 70 some riders each day with 25 doing all 5 days on the same horse, and a few of us doing all 5 days on 2 horses. Awards were nice, mugs with our names and ride name, short sleeve t-shirts, long sleeve t-shirts, sweatshirts and if you did all 5 days an embroidered jacket or crewbag (from Sportack).

Lots of high mileage horses still going out there, let's see -- Doc the stallion was there, he's getting close to 15,000 miles with Cherie riding him in a bareback pad no less. Les Carr's Tulip is fast approaching 13,000 miles. A few of us on baby horses in comparison also rode, like John Park on Remington with over 6000 miles , Shadow (Johnson's horse) over 5,000, Geronimo with almost 9,000 and me on Rocky with 6500 now, and Weav getting close to 6000. Rocky earned a new nickname on the ride --on one of the days we went thru some bees/hornets next on the side of the mountain on a narrow trail and boy oh boy was he the Mother of all Bucker's -- he bucked so hard that he bucked his crupper off (not the rider tho <lol>), so I called him my Mother Bucker that day, and then on the last day when I rode him we went thru another nest and this time he stomped his front foot twice to let me know to hi-tail it outta there. so he does learn! (that was the first time he's ever bucked too!)

Jennifer Johnson was first overall and overall BC. Brent (her dad) got BC on a day or two as well. When somebody trotted Beau out for Trilby at the finish on the last day he got away from them and trotted around camp looking like a million bucks. It is so amazing how these horses can go and go and go and still obviously feel and look fabulous!

Happy Trails,
Karen
in NV
& Rocky