[RC] [Guest] NW Labor Day Ride - Mount Vernon Washington - Ridecamp Moderator

Robbin Ballard Ballardsr1@xxxxxxx
I recently attended the NWLD Ride in Mount Vernon WA to ride the novice loop and crew for my friend, Katie Glowaski, who was riding the two-day 100. I am somewhat new to the endurance world, but of all the rides I have attended in the past few years with Katie, I can say without a doubt this was the best ride we have been to so far. It was obvious from the beginning that a lot of thought, time and engery had been put into getting this ride together. Directions to ride camp were correct down to the very tenth of a mile; the location was great - not too far from civilization. Even though we were still "close-in" the trails were technical and challenging, and very well marked! The vets and assistants were friendly, providing feedback and encouragement with a smile. All of the volunteers were so friendly and helpful you could not help but feel welcomed. This ride had the feel of a family reunion rather than a competive event. The ride manager even helped sponge Katie's horse after she crossed the finish line. There was no end to what the ride managers would do to make this ride a success. They even had the Honey Buckets pumped halfway through the weekend! Wow - what service!!

So, Joe and Joyce, if you are reading - a huge THANK YOU from me and Katie for all of your hard work and continued smiles throughout the weekend. We look forward to seeing you guys next year!