[RC] Leatherwood - RBluebirdpr

Just received a copy of Arabian World Magazine.  Great article about the Leatherwood Mountain Extreme Challenge Ride.  Jeanie Spears did a great job on this article.  The caption of the opening article is "The toughest 50 in the East and maybe the country."  So, those of you that have completed this ride should be proud of yourself and your horse.  Claude Brewer who trains here has always said that it's harder than the Tevis.  I know that I am partial to Leatherwood because I live here but it really is a great place to condition and sit back and enjoy yourself.  Ask Howard, he just came for a week and sent his wife Erica and daughter Jennifer back early because he did not want to leave and it rained just about the whole time he was here.  Like everyone else in the South, we've had our share of rain this year but heh, we ain't complaining.

Phil Rash